Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 124621
Domain shown in Winbind "Join Domain" box of the gtk version incorrectly shows as EXAMPLE.COM
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:43 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6)
Description of problem:
In the "Configure Winbind" dialogue, with either "domain" or "ads" as
the security model, when you click the "Join Domain" button, it shows
a dialogue box in which the domain is always listed as EXAMPLE.COM,
irrespective of what has been entered into the "Winbind Domain" or
"Winbind ADS Realm" boxes.
The problem is present only in the GTK+ interface for authconfig. The
console version does not show the domain name in the "Join Winbind
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run authconfig-gtk (or system-config-authentication)
2. Tick "Enable Winbind Support" (if not already ticked)
3. Click "Configure Winbind"
4. Select either "ads" or "domain" as the security model
5. Enter anything (other than EXAMPLE.COM, of course) into the
"Winbind Domain" and/or "Winbind ADS Realm" boxes.
6. Click "Join Domain" button
Actual Results: "EXAMPLE.COM" is shown as the domain name.
Expected Results: The domain name specified by the user should be shown.
Additional info: None
Fixed in FC3/RHEL4.