1. Proposed title of this feature request
Request for documentation on how to enable heartbeats on qpid 5647 port ?
2. Who is the customer behind the request?
Account: RED HAT IT/IS and acct #5243891
TAM customer: yes
SRM customer: yes
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
On Satellite 6.1 goferd connects to qdrouterd on ports 5646 and 5647. As per customer firewall torn down the 5647 connections silently after a few hours due to no traffic. Since the connection has closed without reset sent, goferd and qdrouterd on both side still thinks the connection is "active", so they didn't even try to reconnect. To avoid such issues required to add heartbeats on 5647 port too.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
To avoid silent capsule sync hangs.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
By adding heartbeats on 5647 port too.
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Confirming capsule syncs are not hanging because of having heartbeats on 5647 port too.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Created redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/11291 from this bug
The Pulp upstream bug status is at NEW. Updating the external tracker on this bug.
The Pulp upstream bug priority is at High. Updating the external tracker on this bug.
The Pulp upstream bug status is at ASSIGNED. Updating the external tracker on this bug.
The Pulp upstream bug status is at POST. Updating the external tracker on this bug.
The Pulp upstream bug status is at ON_QA. Updating the external tracker on this bug.
== HOTFIX Instructions for RHEL7 ==
0) Download the attached tar.gz file to your Satellite and Capsules from this bugzilla, extract it to /var/tmp/qpid-heartbeat
1) On your Satellite and Capsule, configure a yum repository to point at:
2) execute 'yum update' on both the Capsule and Satellite
3) Edit /etc/qpid-dispatch/qdrouterd.conf
Add "idle-timeout-seconds: 0" to the connector section, eg:
4) run 'katello-service restart' on the Satellite and Capsule
5) proceed with operations
Step 4b) run `systemctl restart goferd` on the capsules
otherwise you will pretty quickly hit the error
"Host did not respond within 20 seconds. Is katello-agent installed and goferd running on the Host?"
Created attachment 1079186 [details]
QE notes: test with a configuration where there is a firewall between capsule and server, where idle connections are dropped.
please provide verification steps
thanks and regards,
Verified on Satellite-6.1.0-20151006.0
In and Out connections on 5647 dropped and brought back. Was able to install and remove packages with no errors.
Created attachment 1081045 [details]
hotfix packages RHEL6
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.
The Pulp upstream bug status is at CLOSED - CURRENTRELEASE. Updating the external tracker on this bug.