Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1250359
quota accounting can get messed up with race between rename and in-progress writes
Last modified: 2016-05-11 18:49:32 EDT
Consider below scenario
1) rename FOP invoked on file 'x'
2) write is still in progress for file 'x'
3) rename takes a lock on old-parent
3) write-update txn blocked on old-parent
4) in rename_cbk, contri xattrs are removed and contribution is deleted and lock is released
5) now write-update txn gets the lock and updates the wrong parent
This issue has been fixed in 3.7 and here are the patch details:
upstream patch: http://review.gluster.org/11578
release-3.7 patch: http://review.gluster.org/#/c/11961/