Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1250703
"Yum Extender is already running" popup fails to kill Yum Extender
Last modified: 2015-11-18 11:45:02 EST
Created attachment 1059623 [details]
Popup proposing me to kill Yum Extender
Description of problem:
When I install a "standlone" RPM with Yumex package installer while the Yum Extender is already running, a popup appears telling me "Yum Extender is already running" and "Do you want to kill it". Cf. screenshot. If I answer "Yes", it fails to kill Yum Extender, my package installation never start, and I can't run it again without killing it manually myself.
Version-Release number of selected component: yumex-dnf 4.1.2-1.fc22
How reproducible: always.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run Yum Extender.
2. Try to install a RPM, for instance by double-clicking it in the file browser.
3. The popup appears. Answer yes.
- Yum Extender apparently closes (the GUI disappears) but the RPM installation does not start.
- If you try to double-click the RPM again, you have that same popup again. You may click "yes", it never starts the installation.
- If you try to open Yum Extender again, it just won't start. Nothing happens.
When you check the processes, you actually notice that it never stopped completely (part of the processes stopped, but one survived):
> $ ps -ef |grep dnf
> jehan 24016 1 0 21:03 tty2 00:00:00 /usr/bin/python3 -tt /usr/share/yumex-dnf/dbus_status.py
> jehan 24153 10263 0 21:06 pts/0 00:00:00 grep --color=auto dnf
This explains why the RPM installation never start, and you can't get back the Yum Extender GUI either.
Expected results: I expect that all yumex processes disappear after I answer "yes" to the popup and my standalone RPM installation to start.
This is patyly fixed in 4.1.4
The close part is now working, but the RPM don't install, but the second time it should work now