Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1250736
[RFE] NTP fully setup for provisioning network
Last modified: 2018-02-26 14:55:28 EST
Description of enhancement:
RHCI should handle details of NTP and hwclock to support a provisioning network.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
This install was completed from an ISO with the Media ID 1438723852.201001 at 09:30:52 PM on 04 Aug 2015
1) hwclock should be reasonably close to system clock
2) Timezones should be consistent
3) Sat6 should be the time source for the provisioning network
4) Sat6 should use clock.redhat.com as the NTP source
Note there are a lot of exceptions/details so a review by experts in network time and security is recommended.
5) CloudForms should be setup to use Sat6 as the NTP server (either at the zone or appliance level).