Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1251017
Having added consecutive restrictions on fields with "java.util.Date" type in Guided Rule causes the browser to hang when choosing "Literal value"
Last modified: 2015-10-23 12:28:45 EDT
Description of problem:
- Let us imagine there is a fact " NewEmployee " which has two fields namely"joiningDate" and "offerDate" whose type is "java.util.Date" . If we try to add more than one field restrictions through Guided Rule editor (either for the same field or even for both of the above fields, one after another) and then if we try to select "Literal value" for those field restrictions from the editor, it suddenly hangs the entire browser. See the screenshot "beforeHang.png" to understand how I defined the first restriction and "screenhung.png" would show you when the screen freezes after adding the restriction on the same or other field of type "java.util.Date" in the next line of the WHEN condition of the rule.
- I have attached the sample repository "repository1.git.zip" for quick reference and testing.
- Note the issue remains in BRMS 6.1.0 Patch Update 2 as well and the issue has been replicated in Firefox version 24 as well as 38 as well.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- Red Hat JBoss BRMS 6.1.0 Patch Update 2
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Use the attached repository "repository1.git.zip" before starting BRMS server inside "jboss-eap-6.4/bin/.niogit" folder.
2. Follow the steps given above to add a second constraint on a field having type "java.util.Date".
- Browser hangs.
- It should not hang.
Created attachment 1059897 [details]
Created attachment 1059898 [details]
Created attachment 1059899 [details]