Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1253109
createrepo_c won't generate xz compressed XML metadata with --xz or --compress-type=xz
Last modified: 2015-08-14 05:29:28 EDT
Description of problem:
When using createrepo_c to create repodata that is xz-compressed, it goes ahead and creates gz compressed XML metadata anyway. If I am creating SQLite data too, that data is compressed the way I want it to be, but the XML data is not.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a folder with some RPMs
2. Run one of the following:
* createrepo_c --no-database --compress-type=xz <path/to/folder>
* createrepo_c --database --compress-type=xz <path/to/folder>
* createrepo_c --no-database --xz <path/to/folder>
* createrepo_c --database --xz <path/to/folder>
The repodata subfolder contains gz-compressed XML data.
The repodata subfolder contains xz-compressed XML data.
this is because of compatibility with createrepo.
I don't like it either, but createrepo does exactly the same thing and because createrepo_c is supposed to be drop-in replacement and thus preserve such illogical behaviour.
Maybe I could add some kind of new command line option or something.
Feel free to open an RFE with ideal of how you would like to see this behave.