Bug 1253739 - SRPM got corrupted and build failed
SRPM got corrupted and build failed
Product: Copr
Classification: Community
Component: frontend (Show other bugs)
All Linux
unspecified Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: clime
Depends On:
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 2015-08-14 10:28 EDT by Viktor Jancik
Modified: 2016-10-07 01:30 EDT (History)
6 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Last Closed: 2016-10-07 01:30:02 EDT
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---

Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Viktor Jancik 2015-08-14 10:28:26 EDT
Description of problem:
I built an SRPM in my copr repository, it failed on two out of six chroots:

and if you look at the build.logs:

they contain some weird characters, indicative of some kind of corruption.

I reran the build, with an upped Release tag, to keep the previous build available for this bug report, and it failed completely:

So I ran it again:

and it built on all 6 chroots successfully. That is, the same SRPM, though I had to rebuild it because of the Release bump, I can assure you the previous one was good too because I managed to get the failed chroot to build in Koji:


Additional info:
I am just notifying you about this in case it might be something you can protect against.
My best guess is that the SRPM got corrupted in the upload process, but that doesn't explain why some builds passed and some failed (in different places).

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.