Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1255273
Test case failure: gpk-application: Apply Changes
Last modified: 2015-08-20 04:44:04 EDT
Description of problem:
Test case failure: https://tcms.engineering.redhat.com/case/245166/?from_plan=18656
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Have some functioning yum repositories installed. Normal beaker installs will install appropriate files in /etc/yum.repos.d/ . If no functioning repositories are available, the test plan document has instructions for building RPMs and creating repositories.
2. If eog is installed, uninstall it. In a terminal window, as root, run "rpm -e eog".
3. Confirm that eog is no longer installed by running, in a terminal window, "rpm -q eog". It should say, "package eog is not installed".
4. In a terminal window, as a non-root user, run "gpk-application".
5. Using the search field in the upper left, in "Search by name" mode (the hourglass icon; change via drop-down if needed), search for "eog".
6. Click the (presumably unchecked) checkbox next to "Eye of Gnome image viewer" (eog) which should appear on the right.
7. Click the "Apply Changes" button which should appear in the upper right.
Nothing happen. No query on authentication appears.
Provide the (sudo) user's or the "Administrator" (root) password when prompted and finish installation.
Problem appeared on architectures: ppc64, ppc64le
Same problem with applying changes when removing component.
It's not the problem of gnome-packagekit. It is necessary to join into VM by x11vnc (not vncserver). Otherwise you cannot see authentication window and so on in gnome-software 'Update' tab will be hidden etc.