Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1255280
Cannot find iSCSI storage when RHEL 7.2 in device with both local and iSCSI storage
Last modified: 2016-11-03 19:09:29 EDT
Created attachment 1065135 [details]
Error log screenshot during installation process
Description of problem:
Can not find iscsi storage when RHEL7.2 in device with both local and iSCSI storage
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Prepare a machine with a local SATA disk and an iSCSI disk
2. Boot up the system with a RHEL7.2 DVD, check the media to ensure the DVD contains complete data for installation.
3. Enter the graphical interface of installation automatically, set the language as English (United States), then click "Continue".
4. Select "INSTALLATION DESTINATION", the local SATA disk appears under the "Local Standard Disk" label.
5. Click "Add a disk...".
A unknown error has occured and the installation process cannot proceed:
"AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'port'"
During the installation process, a disk can be successfully added as an installation destination.
1. I have tried to use the same DVD to install on a machine with only local disk, it turns out the installation process was a success.
2. The original log file cannot be recorded as plain text, attached is screenshot of the error. I'm willing to provide more information if necessary.
*** Bug 1327138 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 1317654 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
is this bug fix in RHEL7.3 Alpha?
anaconda-18.104.22.168-1.el7 was shipped with Alpha. This should have the fix for this issue included.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.