Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1255607
[de_DE] [Admin portal] Text overlap issue observed on configure->roles->new page.
Last modified: 2016-04-19 21:25:26 EDT
Description of problem: Text overlapping issue is observed on
configure->roles->new page for de_DE locale. The Third option of 'Login Permissions' under system->configuration system contains overlapping text. Please refer attached screenshot.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager Version: 3.6.0-0.11.master.el6
Steps to Reproduce:
1. login to Admin portal with de_DE locale.
2. go to configure->roles->new
3. observe the options under system->configuration system
Text overlap can be observed.
There should not be text overlap.
Created attachment 1065449 [details]
de_DE roles text overlap issue
Created attachment 1065828 [details]
New Role Dialog - German - Zoom in
It seems that when a node-text is very long and being cut to a second line, the node beneath it is not being "pushed down" in order to accommodate that; instead, it stays in place and the overlap occurs [see attachment 1065828 [details]].
We can try and resolve this in two ways:
(1) [easy, but eliminating this problem in the future is not guaranteed:] extend the width of the dialog, so that the long text will be rendered in a single line.
(2) [probably more complex, but will prevent the problem from occurring in the future:] make sure that if a node-text is rendered over more than 1 line, the node beneath it will be pushed down accordingly to accommodate that.
@Alexander, leaving this to your discretion.
Verified in 3.6.0-0.15.master.el6