Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1256880
[RFE] Supported Amazon S3 object access
Last modified: 2016-02-17 19:03:59 EST
1. Proposed title of this feature request
Supported Amazon S3 object access
2. Who is the customer behind the request?
Account name: BBVA
TAM/SRM customer: no/yes
Strategic Customer: yes
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Customer would like to access objects in Amazon and RHGS using Amazon S3 API
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
To be able to use one API for object access whether it is to a Public Cloud or to Private Storage
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
A suggestion would be by enabling and supporting swift3
6. For each functional requirement listed in question 5, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
An application accessing objects in Amazon S3 could be tested against RHGS
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies?
They are evaluating the product.
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
S3 API access is currently not supported in Gluster. This is not in priority list for RHGS.
Closing BZ as per update in https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1254581.