Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1257822
Unable to create GRE network with maximal Segmentation ID
Last modified: 2016-04-26 20:55:24 EDT
Created attachment 1067919 [details]
Description of problem:
User cannot create the GRE network under the Horizon with the maximum allowed Segmentation id (4294967295)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open Horizon
2. Login as admin.
3. Go to the System->Networks page and click on Create Network
4. Under the Create Network form select:
- Name: any
- Project: any
- Provider Network Type: GRE
- Segmentation ID: 4294967294
5. Submit Create Netwrok form by clicking on Create Network button.
The error alert is displayed ("Error. Failed to create network")
GRE network should be created
Created attachment 1067920 [details]
In the ks_settings.yml I see CONFIG_NEUTRON_ML2_TUNNEL_ID_RANGES: 1:1000 which sets tunnel_id_ranges to ml2.conf. That means your maximal value is 1000
If closing this bug as NOTABUG. If you still see the issue after setting tunnel_id_ranges to 1:4294967294, feel free to re-open.