Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1259202
Plans for adding elasticsearch to epel?
Last modified: 2016-01-06 10:37:43 EST
I think it would be a nice addition to have elasticsearch in EPEL. Do you have any intentions for adding Elasticsearch to EPEL, are there any known issues?
From my side, not a single chance.
* the integration in fedora is still quite poor
* it will need about 20 packages to add to epel
* the inclusion may have security impact
* I have hardly time ( even with Zbyszek's help) to keep it in fedora
* and my usecase of ES is prety simple, so I don't have reason to improve current packages
If you wont to work on it, I will gladly make you comaintainer (so will maintainers of dependencies which needs to go to epel) and you can go.
S from "Plans for adding elasticsearch to epel?" => close, can and wont fix.
I don't think I currently have the skills to properly maintain this in epel. Will try to maintain a copr repo to see how hard it is and get familiar.