Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1259721
Automatic installer: install script property name results in wrong prompt for password
Last modified: 2016-08-24 07:35:59 EDT
Description of problem:
When you install DV server with 'Use same password' and 'Skip admin creation', a new field emerges called master password. After you install server with this settings and try to run automatic installer with generated install script one problem appears.
When you don't provide the '.variables' file, then installer asks for a password in the console. But it calls the password still 'EAP admin password' not the 'master' password. Also in the script and '.variables' files a property for the password is denoted as 'adminPassword'.
I checked, that in current state the admin user, which exists before the installation is NOT replaced or altered. Thus the installer behaves as expected, it is only matter of inaccurate instructions provided by installer.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
DV 6.2.0 CR1
'Use same password' and 'Skip admin creation' options selected in users' credentials page
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install server with 'Use same password' and 'Skip admin creation' options set, save the install script.
2. To another location prepare the eap (important to preserve original installation)
3. make sure that '.variables' file for the auto script is missing, or doesn't provide needed password.
4. Run the installer with created script(e.g. using the java -DINSTALL_PATH=/new/path -jar installer.jar ./path/to/script.xml command)
5. Notice the prompt for the password
6. Provide different password than in the first installation (important)
7. Wait for end of installation
8. run diff command on both instances' JBOSS_HOME/standalone/configuration/mgmt-users.properties files, no difference should exist.
Server installed successfully, but during installation wrong description appears.
Server installed successfully.
The prompt is corrected now. But probably by introducing new variable 'masterPassword' there is again problem with password validation: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1251486
The outcome of installation in debug mode is:
Try to add to selection [Name: Integration Platform Console and Index: 0]
Try to add to selection [Name: Red Hat JBoss DV Platform and Index: 1]
Try to add to selection [Name: Teiid and Index: 2]
Try to add to selection [Name: ModeShape and Index: 3]
Modify pack selection.
UserInputPanel: setting variable use.same.password to true
UserInputPanel: setting variable addUser to false
Confirm master password:
UserInputPanel: setting variable masterPassword to p@s$w0rd
UserInputPanel: setting variable Dashboard.admin.username to dashboardAdmin
UserInputPanel: setting variable Teiid.user.username to teiidUser
UserInputPanel: setting variable Teiid.user.odata to
UserInputPanel: setting variable Teiid.user.logging to
UserInputPanel: setting variable Modeshape.user to modeshapeUser
Condition () not found.
Introducing the new variable 'masterPassword' caused a null pointer exception. I've fixed the password validation and now it installs with no issues.
We can rebuild it asap.