Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1260723
Copying Model problem
Last modified: 2016-09-29 07:35:01 EDT
Created attachment 1071037 [details]
zip with tested project and pictures of bugs
When creating new view model by copying from existing model (see steps to reproduce), two bugs occurs.
In Transformation Diagram of model's procedures, name of model is not updated.
(see CopyModelProcedureSQL.png in attachement.zip)
In this case "Products_view.PRODUCTDATA.NAME" should be updated to
"<new_model_name>.PRODUCTDATA.NAME", otherwise it produce validation error.
If location of new model is different from existing model (different folder or project), import declarations to source model will be added as following:
1. import declaration to source model is added (in this case: /Dataroles/sources/Products_source.xmi)
2. concurrently, another import declaration (with name: Model Import) with error (Unable to resolve the imported model ../sources/Products_source.xmi) is added.
(see CopyModelImports.png in attachement.zip)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. import attached project (TestedProject.zip in attachement.zip)
2. right-click on project and select New > Teiid Metadata Model
3. set new name and select Relational Model Class, View Model Type, Module Builder: "Copy from existing model of the same model class" and click Next >
4. browse for existing: <ImportedProjectName>/views/Products_view.xmi and click OK and Finish
5. new model will be created
Using Save As Model (double-click model - File->Save as.. - new location and name) causes same error in Transformation Diagram of model's procedures. (Import declarations are correct it this case)
pushing to next DV 6.3 Tooling
Paul Richardson <firstname.lastname@example.org> updated the status of jira TEIIDDES-2641 to Resolved
Closing this since we are tracking issues for tooling only in JIRA from now on.
stanislav kaleta <email@example.com> updated the status of jira TEIIDDES-2641 to Closed
Barry LaFond <firstname.lastname@example.org> updated the status of jira TEIIDDES-2641 to Reopened
Barry LaFond <email@example.com> updated the status of jira TEIIDDES-2641 to Closed