Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1260792
[RFE] packages selected for content view should include dependent packages regardless of filters
Last modified: 2017-07-26 15:43:08 EDT
Description of problem:
Currently, packages selected for inclusion into a content view during publish do not include dependent packages which is a big annoyance because this dependency checking must now be done manually which is a lot of work, especially if it is a multilevel dependency.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. create content view with rhel 7Server
2. create include filter on all base packages
3. create include filter on errata up to 1-apr-2015
4. create include filter on package redhat-access-insights
5. publish & promote contentview
6. subscribe content host to this content views repo's
7. try to install redhat-access-insights
8. look at dependency errors and try to resolve based on info
9. keep doning until all dependencies are resolved.
yum dependency errors
able to install packages with all dependencies resolved
If dependency cannot be resolved due to missing dependent packages in included repo's the publish task should fail with a clear explanation why it failed.
Per 6.3 planning, moving out non acked bugs to the backlog
The Pulp upstream bug status is at NEW. Updating the external tracker on this bug.
The Pulp upstream bug priority is at Normal. Updating the external tracker on this bug.