Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1260911
Review Request: pixz - Parallel indexed xz compressor
Last modified: 2015-09-20 10:26:01 EDT
Spec URL: http://cicku.me/pixz.spec
SRPM URL: http://cicku.me/pixz-1.0.3-1.fc24.src.rpm
Description: Pixz (pronounced pixie) is a parallel, indexing version of xz.
** pixz vs xz
The existing XZ Utils provide great compression in the .xz file format, but they produce just one big block of compressed data. Pixz instead produces a collection of smaller blocks which makes random access to the original data possible. This is especially useful for large tarballs.
** Differences to xz
* Automatically indexes tarballs during compression.
* Supports parallel decompression, which xz does not.
* Defaults to using all available CPU cores, while xz defaults to using only one core.
* Provides -i and -o command line options to specify input and output file.
Fedora Account System Username: cicku
* Named correctly
* Packaging latest version
* License tag correct
* License good for fedora
* Filelist sane
* Requires/Provides good
* Builds fine in mock
* SPEC file clean and legible
* rpmlint reasonably happy
New Package SCM Request
Package Name: pixz
Short Description: Parallel indexed xz compressor
Upstream URL: https://github.com/vasi/pixz/
Branches: f23 f22
Git done (by process-git-requests).