Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1261283
The guest name is rhel7.1 instead of rhel7.2 when installing a guest with a rhel7.2 tree
Last modified: 2017-01-09 10:44:17 EST
Description of problem:
The guest name is rhel7.1 instead of rhel7.2 when installing a guest with a rhel7.2 tree.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Launch virt-manager and Select "Network Install(HTTP, FTP, or NFS)".
2. In Step2 of 5, type a rhel7.2 url(http://download.englab.nay.redhat.com/pub/rhel/rel-eng/RHEL-7.2-20150904.0/compose/Server/x86_64/os), and it automatically detect the version is rhel7.2.
3. Click Foward until step 5 of 5, check the Name.
The guest name is rhel7.1-2.
The guest name should be rhel7.2 or rhel7.2-x (if guest rhel7.2 already exists).
1. the output of "osinfo-query os" is as below, i think it should be rhel7.2 for the 3rd line.
rhel6.6 | Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6 | 6.6 | http://redhat.com/rhel/6.6
rhel7.0 | Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.0 | 7.0 | http://redhat.com/rhel/7.0
rhel7.1 | Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 | 7.2 | http://redhat.com/rhel/7.2
rhel7.1 | Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1 | 7.1 | http://redhat.com/rhel/7.1
2. Can't find rhel6.7 info by "osinfo-query os".
This is a bug in rhel.xml in libosinfo.
rhel7.2 entry has short name rhel7.1 there.
Created attachment 1100514 [details]
Patch to fix rhel 7.2 detection
The upstream patch adding 7.2 detection is https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/libosinfo.git/commit/?id=bfd9d6337e4e17200c1b82ed0dc9baecc645d7f3
The RHEL7.2 detection support we have in our RHEL7 package seems to be downstream-only :(