Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1261514
Save As Model and Rename Model actions allow duplicities
Last modified: 2015-11-17 13:07:19 EST
I assume that it is not correct to have two models with same name in the project (e.g. designer doesn't let you to create new model (or copy) with name which is already used within the project), but it is possible to achieve it using Save As/Rename (see steps to reproduce).
Additionally, it is possible to add these different models with same name to Teiid VDB, which causes exceptions on deployment.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. double-click model
2. File -> Save as...
3. keep same name of model and for location choose different folder in same project
4. click OK
5. two models with same name will be present in the project
1. right-click the model and select Refactor > Rename...
2. set name equal to name of existing model located in different folder of project
3. two models with same name will be present in the project
Barry LaFond <email@example.com> updated the status of jira TEIIDDES-2642 to Resolved
Matus Makovy <firstname.lastname@example.org> updated the status of jira TEIIDDES-2642 to Closed