Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1263161
[RFE] built-in pre-check to see that the Capsule/Satellite has enough filesystem space
Last modified: 2018-02-19 16:20:52 EST
1. Proposed title of this feature request
In built pre-check to see that the Capsule has enough filesystem space
2. Who is the customer behind the request?
TAM customer: Yes
SRM customer: Yes
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
When synchronising the content view from Satellite server to Capsule (hammer capsule content synchronize), there is no in built pre-check to see that the Capsule has enough filesystem space. When /var/lib fills up it corrupts the pulp db and we have to re-install the Capsule. There should be a pre-check to stop the process and tell you how much diskspace is required before the process can start.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
To avoid any capsule crashing or db corruption
5. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
6. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target ?
As soon as possible
7. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
8. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Upstream bug component is Installer
*** Bug 1357839 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Per BZ1357839, we should check space on / too.
wondering whats the latest on this?
Upstream bug assigned to firstname.lastname@example.org