Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1263653
dht: Avoid double unlock in dht_refresh_layout_cbk
Last modified: 2015-10-27 20:10:09 EDT
Section Number and Name:
Describe the issue:
Currently in case of failure in dht_refresh_layout_cbk we unlock the object twice.
Suggestions for improvement:
Here is the code-snippet from dht_refresh_layout_cbk
local->refresh_layout_unlock (frame, this, -1);
dht_selfheal_dir_finish (frame, this, -1);<----- Here an extra lock and unwind. This needs to be removed.
Given that it is unlocking twice, chances were there if the folder ends up with 2 diffrent layout.
To verify this, followed following steps:
1. Create a dist-rep vol with quota and min-free ON and 90% resp.
2. Filled the volume mounted on NFS and fuse both such that min free limit is crossed for atleast one brick.
3. Performed mkdir operation using GNU parallel.
4. Once folders were created, ran the same GNU parallel command again.
5. Counted the files to check if there are unexpected or double entry of a file.
No issues found. Marking the bug verified.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.