Bug 126371 - [RHEL3 update]openoffice send document as email does not attach document
Summary: [RHEL3 update]openoffice send document as email does not attach document
Status: CLOSED ERRATA
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3
Classification: Red Hat
Component: openoffice.org   
(Show other bugs)
Version: 3.0
Hardware: i386
OS: Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Dan Williams
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2004-06-20 14:32 UTC by Luke Meyer
Modified: 2007-11-30 22:07 UTC (History)
0 users

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2005-04-26 06:48:50 UTC
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Luke Meyer 2004-06-20 14:32:13 UTC
Description of problem:
OpenOffice menu selection "File -> Send -> Document as Email" does not
attach the document in the resulting email.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
openoffice.org-1.1.0-16.6.EL

How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.  Set up email settings in OOo for mozilla
2.  Use "File -> Send -> Document as Email" to send a document.
3.  Observe lack of attachment
  
Actual results:
No attachment to email, just blank email.

Expected results:
New email with current document attached.

Additional info:
This appears to be the case on every RHEL 3 and FC1 install I've done.
 At some point I found a simple script on the net that causes this to
work correctly, but users should not have to deal with this.  A quick
google search shows that for most installations of OOo this "just works".

Comment 1 Luke Meyer 2004-06-20 14:48:06 UTC
As I might have expected, submitting a bug yielded a fix of sorts :-)

I'm using RHEL 3 Desktop right now, which means U2 (I think).  I had
openoffice set to use "Mozilla 1.x (Option 1)" for the mailer external
program.  This is what failed.  However, "Option 2" appears to work
just dandy.  I swear when I tried this before it didn't work, but that
may just be FC1.

Comment 2 Dan Williams 2004-09-18 16:59:14 UTC
Should be fixed for FC3 and RHEL4 (openoffice.org-1.1.2-5) and
possibly backported.

Comment 3 Dan Williams 2004-09-25 19:47:27 UTC
Fixed in 1.1.2-5 in rawhide, most likely will be backported as well.

Comment 4 Dan Williams 2005-03-07 06:00:14 UTC
Fixed in:

RHEL3: 1.1.2-22.2.2.EL3


Comment 5 Jay Turner 2005-04-26 06:48:50 UTC
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on the solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.

http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2005-375.html


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.