Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1264281
RHEV-M shouldn't allow to select Red Hat Storage node as SPM
Last modified: 2016-08-23 16:29:27 EDT
- What is the nature and description of the request?
Disable 'Select as SPM' option for RHGS (Red Hat Gluster storage) nodes in RHEV-M console
- Why do you need this? (List the business requirements here)
RHGS nodes cannot act as SPM by design, they are providing storage, no virtual machines are running on them
- How would you like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Remove (or disable) 'Select as SPM' option for RHGS nodes in RHEV-M console
- Do you have any specific time-line dependencies?
No. But this is a bug and should be fixed as soon as possible
- List any affected packages or components.
- Would you be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
- For each functional requirement listed in the previous question, can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Created attachment 1074688 [details]
This sounds more like a bugfix than an RFE.
An RHGS node obviously can't be an SPM, and this should be blocked from both the GUI and REST.
this is an automated message. oVirt 3.6.0 RC3 has been released and GA is targeted to next week, Nov 4th 2015.
Please review this bug and if not a blocker, please postpone to a later release.
All bugs not postponed on GA release will be automatically re-targeted to
- 3.6.1 if severity >= high
- 4.0 if severity < high
Is anyone looking at this bug/RFE?
'Select as SPM' action should be supported only for Virt Nodes. I Will add a validation to UI and Backend to make sure it is enabled only if the Node has Virt service enabled.
Tested with RHGS 3.1.3 ( vdsm-4.17.33-1.el7rhgs ) and RHV 4.0.2-7
While selecting the RHGS nodes, the option 'Select as SPM' is not highlighted
But while adding the new host, the new host deploy window shows up the policies related to virt node and also the SPM tab. The bug has been filed for the same
 - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1368457
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.