Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1265987
admin_tenant_name set differently in nova.conf between juno and kilo
Last modified: 2016-10-09 18:25:16 EDT
Description of problem:
[In OSP-6] packstack sets :
$ less /etc/nova/nova.conf | grep admin_tenant_name | grep -v ^#
[In OSP-7 / on undercloud ]
[stack@instack ~]$ sudo grep -v ^# /etc/nova/nova.conf | grep "admin_tenant_name"
[In OSP-7 / on overcloud-controller]
[heat-admin@overcloud-controller-0 ~]$ sudo less /etc/nova/nova.conf | grep admin_tenant_name | grep -v ^#
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
How reproducible: always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install OSP-6 with packstack and grep admin_tenant_name in nova.conf
2. On the Instack system : openstack undercloud install
3. Then upon installing the undercloud : openstack overcloud deploy [..]
4. (on undercloud) grep admin_tenant_name in nova.conf
5. (on overcloud) grep admin_tenant_name in nova.conf
6. Observe that these are different than the previous version.
Actual results: In OSP-7 admin_tenant_name set to "service". In OSP-6, admin_tenant_name set to "services". Any minor changes like these make upgrading environments to it that much harder.
Expected results: admin_tenant_name service or services should be preserved across major versions.
This bug did not make the OSP 8.0 release. It is being deferred to OSP 10.
Packstack to director is only supported in a side-by-side migration. There is no direct upgrade path.
Given this hasn't been fixed, it's not an upgrade issue for director, so closing WONTFIX. If you disagree, please reopen.