Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1267353
TUI doesn't provide an option to enter IPv6 netmask
Last modified: 2017-02-09 03:56:07 EST
Description of problem:
Text UI screen for configuration of network devices doesn't provide an option to enter IPv6 netmask:
1) IPv4 address or "dhcp" for DHCP
2) IPv4 netmask
3) IPv4 gateway
4) IPv6 address or "auto" for automatic, "dhcp" for DHCP, "ignore" to turn off
5) IPv6 default gateway
6) Nameservers (comma separated)
7) [x] Connect automatically after reboot
8) [ ] Apply configuration in installer
Configuring device ens3.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
(also anaconda-19.31.123-1.el7, RHEL-7.1 GA)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. start the installation in text mode
2. proceed to the network device configuration screen
3. try to enter a netmask for IPv6
no option for IPv6 netmask
IPv6 netmask option is present
It is possible to enter IPv6 "address" in form address/netmask, but this is not mentioned anywhere.
I think the only thing that needs to happen here is to clarify the input expected when it prompts for the IPv6 address.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.