Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 126773
KDE Keyboard Language switching broken
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:45 EST
Description of problem: Installed "Workstation" with KDE. Installed 2
languages - English (default) and Portuguese (additional).
Am able to switch languages in GNOME through the switch keyboard
applet - however GNOME is very unusable because it applies keyboard
layout PER WINDOW and therefore requires a restart of the Application
before the keyboard switch is effective.
KDE (in FC-1) could easily switch with one click on the Keyboard
Layout Switcher Panel applet.
KDE (in FC-2) does not show additional languages in the Keyboard
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install typical "Workstation" from FC-2 DVD
2. In customise packages, select KDE
3. Select English as default and add Portuguese as additional Language.
5. Log in as a normal User into KDE
6. Go to the KDE control center
7. Go to Keyboard configuration
8. Enable multiple Keyboard Layouts
7. Attempt to add multiple keyboard layouts - No options displayed.
A list of available Keyboard Layouts should be displayed
On selection of available layouts, switching should be possible with
the Keyboard Layout switching applet.
it'a a know bug and is fixed in kde-3.2.3, which you can download from
ftp.kde.org for FC2. Thanks for your report.