Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1268133
[RFE] RHEV Manager support for SNMPv3 traps
Last modified: 2016-08-23 16:29:40 EDT
Description of problem:
Currently, SNMPv2 is the only trap type RHEV-M will send. Request for Enhancement. Add a new feature to RHEV-M. Ability to send SNMPv3 traps in addition to SNMPv2 traps.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- What is the nature and description of the request?
Request for Enhancement. Add a new feature to RHEV-M. Ability to send SNMPv3 traps in addition to SNMPv2 traps.
- Why do you need this? (List the business requirements here)
Customer has security requirements that all SNMP traffic be SNMPv3. At the moment, the RHEV-M system only sends traps via SNMPv2. This is a government contract and this requirement was passed on to us Engineers.
- How would you like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
In a similar way as to how SNMP traps are configured now in RHEV-M, v3.5.4. https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Virtualization/3.5/html/Administration_Guide/Configuring_the_Red_Hat_Enterprise_Virtualization_Manager_to_Send_SNMP_Traps.html
- Do you have any specific time-line dependencies?
Our timeline need is asap. This program will go live within the next 6 months and the sooner this feature is available, the sooner we can navigate the paperwork for the upgrade approval.
- List any affected packages or components.
According to the documentation, this appears to be a change to the ovirt-engine-notifier component of RHEV.
- Would you be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
- For each functional requirement listed in the previous question, can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Not sure I understand this sentence. There is only one functionality requested here and yes, we will test it.
Fixing milestone and flags after cloning
tested all SNMPv3 security levels against iReasoning mibbrowser's trap receiver.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.