Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1268484
[3.0.2] web console doesn't show build information on overview page after dismissing and rebuilding same thing
Last modified: 2015-11-23 09:25:35 EST
I can't reliably reproduce it, but occasionally the web console won't show a running build on the overview page. Even if I log out and log back in, while the build is running, the console does not show it as such.
It seems to happen after deleting and recreating the same things over and over again. I'm not sure if there's a magic number.
I haven't tried deleting the project yet, but will. hard-refresh of the browser (control+f5) doesn't fix.
I am wondering if it has something to do with dismiss being clicked... it seems like it might be related.
I have a screen capture of the build not showing and me exploring the browser a little bit. coming up (processing)
Created attachment 1079537 [details]
video of when it happens
ok, i can confirm it definitely is related to clicking dismiss.
Here's the reproducer:
1) oc new-app --strategy=source nodejs~https://github.com/2015-Middleware-Keynote/sketchpod
2) wait for build to complete successfully
3) click dismiss
4) oc delete all -l app=sketchpod
5) oc new-app --strategy=source nodejs~https://github.com/2015-Middleware-
No build spinner will show.
Browser is Chrome Version 45.0.2454.101 (64-bit)
If I do this in an incognito window and CLOSE the window and then open a new window and log back in then I will see the build spinner.
I am wondering if this is related to some kind of cookie.
We assume there will only be one build ever with namespace/name. But that's not true if you delete and recreate the build config and builds.
Commit pushed to master at https://github.com/openshift/origin
Bug 1268484 - Use build.metadata.uid to track dismissed builds in UI
Verified on latest atomic-openshift oc v126.96.36.1991-61-g568adb6, this issue has been fixed, no new issues found
1. Create a new app, Build "ruby-sample-build #1 is running,..." shows on overview page for running build
2. Wait for the build complete or failed
3. Start a new build
4. Wait for the build complete or failed
6. Start a new build
7. there is message "ruby-sample-build #(N) is running,..."for running build
This fix is available in OpenShift Enterprise 3.1.