Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1268717
AeroGear UnifiedPush Server cartridge always causes OutOfMemoryError when it started in small gear
Last modified: 2015-10-16 16:44:22 EDT
Description of problem:
- When I start AeroGear UnifiedPush Server in , it always causes OutOfMemoryError.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- OpenShift Online (Current version) *5/10/2015
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create or start aeroGear UnifiedPush Server cartridge applicatoin in small gear.
2. The server may start, but it will cause OutOfMemoryError after 30 seconds.
- When the aeroGear cartridge start in small gear, its Max Heap size set as 256m. But it would cause OutOfMemoryError.
- Attached the server.log
- Raise the default max heap size, or don't allow to create it on small gears.
The Aerogear cartridge doesn't work with small gears. The installation instructions specify that you have to run "rhc create-app" with "--gear-size medium": https://github.com/aerogear/openshift-origin-cartridge-aerogear-push#installation
Medium gears are available for Bronze and Silver tier customers.
A duplicate issue has already been forwarded to the Aerogear team; I'm not sure what priority this issue might have for them. They can either modify the quickstart to work with small gears, or (what seems much more likely) they need to clarify the gear size requirements in the instructions.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1250910 ***