Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1268772
ns-slapd crash double free in pagedresults_cleanup
Last modified: 2015-11-10 04:15:20 EST
This bug has been copied from bug #1267296 and has been proposed
to be backported to 6.7 z-stream (EUS).
It is extremely hard to reproduce the bug with the standalone 389-ds-base.
I recommend to run
1) tet simple paged results test suite
2) upstream simple paged results related test cases.
3) run ldapsearch -E pr=<page_size> -l <timelimit>
and wait longer than <timelimit> in the middle of the paging.
If the connection is closed with T2 (SLAPD_DISCONNECT_IO_TIMEOUT) without any problem, test is passed.
Ideally, set up IPA/SSSD and stress DS with short timelimit (nsslapd-timelimit in cn=config in dse.ldif) and short client_idle_timeout in sssd.conf. Then, stress the DS via SSSD. If it runs fine with no crash for long enough (one day?), we are confident to say verified.
1. Executed simplepaged acceptance tests. No regression found.
############## Result for backend test : SIMPLEPAGED run
SIMPLEPAGED run elapse time : 00:04:57
SIMPLEPAGED run Tests PASS : 100% (17/17)
2. Executed simplepaged search with -E pr=15 -l 9 and waited for more than the timelimit. nsslapd-timelimit is set to 7, cn=config in dse.ldif.
The connection got closed without any problem.
3. Currently, I am stressing the server with add/modify/delete/search in an IPA environment to check if there are crashes. nsslapd-timelimit value in cn=config is set to 7 and value for client_idle_timeout in sssd.conf is set 9. I will observe the setup for about 24hrs and then update the bug with my findings.
Stressed directory sever for 24hrs and I observed no crashes. Hence, marking the bug as Verified.
[root@vm-idm-004 ~]# rpm -qa |egrep 'ipa-|389-ds-'
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.