Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1268812
Validation of sequence flow condition expression doesn't work for the first parameter when comparing a numeric variable
Last modified: 2016-01-08 17:04:23 EST
Created attachment 1079906 [details]
Expected error message
Description of problem:
The condition expression editor generally doesn't allow a non-numeric parameter (including an empty value) when comparing a numeric variable. This validation stopped working for the first parameter, e.g. it allows expressions like (var => "", var between "" and 10).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open a simple process.
2. Click canvas, in Properties panel bring up Variable definitions.
3. Define an integer variable named "intVar".
4. Select any sequence flow (arrow between two nodes), bring up Expression editor.
5. In the Editor tab, select "intVar" variable, select "is greater than" condition, do not provide any value.
6. Click Ok (or select the Script tab).
Validation doesn't detect the incorrect (empty) value, no error displayed.
Error message as illustrated on the attached screenshot (notice that validation works for the second parameter, so "between" condition with both parameters empty still fails the validation).