Description of problem:
[Host QoS] - Updating second network with host QoS when it attached to host NIC with another network that is out-of-sync, considered as synced.
If i have 2 networks attached to 1 NIC on host, 2 vlan networks, or 1 non-VM and 1 vlan network.
I'm updating 1 network with some host QoS via Networks tab, and this network marked now as out-of-sync.
CanDoAction of action 'SetupNetworks' failed for user admin@internal. Reas
ons: VAR__ACTION__SETUP,VAR__TYPE__NETWORKS,ACTION_TYPE_FAILED_HOST_NETWORK_QOS_INTERFACES_WITHOUT_QOS,$ACTION_TYPE_FAILED_HOST_NETWORK_QOS_INTERFACES_WITHOUT_QOS_LIST enp6s0,$ACTION_TYPE_FAILED_HOST_NETWORK_QO
Now, i'm updating the second network with host QoS as well and expecting it to be marked out-of-sync as well, but it marked as synced and report the host QoS parameters.
Engine thinks that the first network is synced and has host QoS parameters applied on it.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create host QoS via DC. Create 2 networks(2 vlan networks, or 1 non-VM and 1 vlan network) and attach to 1 NIC on host via setup networks.
2. Update first network with host QoS via Networks tab
3. Update second network with host QoS via setup networks tab
First network marked as out-of-sync
Second network marked as synced.
Both networks should be marked as out-of-sync
After further discussing with danken, we need to decide what will be the expected result for such scenario :
1) Both networks should be marked as out-of-sync and user will 'Sync All Networks'
2) Once updating the second network with QoS as well, both will be considered as synced
3) Remove engine restriction for :
'All or none of the networks attached to an interface must have QoS configured'
If this will be removed, then we won't have this issue.
The first network will be considered as synced once updated with QoS and second network will be considered as synced once updated with QoS.
We've opted for option 3 - remove the Engine-side requirement for all-or-nothing QoS.
Verified on - 4.1.0-0.0.master.20160525231312.git1469b76.el7.cento and vdsm-4.18.0-50.gitd83fbc2.el7.centos.x86_64
- Engine-side requirement for all-or-nothing QoS has been removed.
oVirt 4.0.0 has been released, closing current release.