Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1271129
Setting email_reply_address is not used without restart of Foreman
Last modified: 2016-07-27 04:57:56 EDT
Description of problem:
Changing the setting email_reply_address the new value is not used until Foreman is restarted
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Change the email_reply_address setting to foobar
2. Trigger a mail sending
The from address is still using the original from address and not the updated foobar
Mail from address is changed to foobar
Created redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/12155 from this bug
Moving to POST since upstream bug http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/12155 has been closed
Applied in changeset commit:4fdf2f97ad63898dee899f8fe77dd9e47221ffca.
Upstream bug assigned to email@example.com
Verified this issue using Satellite 6.2.0 SNAP 4.0 build on a RHEL 7.2 x86_64 system.
* Configure your Satellite system to use email notifications by updating your /etc/foreman/email.yaml file and providing valid values for all required attributes
* Restart the entire stack by running katello-service restart
* Once the system is back online, use the web ui and update your user's configuration (click on your user name on the upper right corner of the UI after you've logged in and click the My Account link) to include a valid email address
NOTE: using gmail accounts most likely won't work, so use another email
* Then, under the Email Preferences form (still in the My Account page), enable all types of email notifications available
* Create a new custom YUM repository (use https://omaciel.fedorapeople.org/fakerepo02/ for example) and synchronize it
You should receive an email stating that the new repo was successfully synced.
* Update the email address to another valid email address and repeat the steps of creating a new repo (use https://omaciel.fedorapeople.org/fakerepo01/ this time) and syncing it.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.