Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 127168
rebuilding freeradius picks up system libeap rather than package libeap
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:45 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040510
Description of problem:
Installed on my server, I have an RPM of freeradius-1.0.0-pre2 that I
created myself. When I build the RPM of freeradius-1.0.0-pre3, it
picks up the freeradius-1.0.0-pre2 libeap libraries installed on my
system rather than the free-radius-1.0.0-pre3 libeap libraries that
are part of the RPM that I am building. As a result, the newly built
RPM will not install, because it requires on libeap-1.0.0-pre2.so.
From my experience building my own RPM, I found the problem was caused
by the freeradius-0.9.0-libdir.patch included with the RPM. I found
that when I removed the patch, the problem went away and nothing else
seemed to go wrong.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Build and install freeradius-1.0.0-pre2.
2. Build the freeradius-1.0.0-pre3 RPM.
3. Attempt to upgrade to the freeradius-1.0.0-pre3 RPM.
Actual Results: freeradius-1.0.0-pre3 RPM fails to install because it
Expected Results: freeradius-1.0.0-pre3 RPM to install.
The problem can be worked around by uninstalling the old version of
freeradius before building the new version.
Fixed in rawhide in rpm freeradius-1.0.0-0.pre3.2 or newer.
An errata has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on the solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.