Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1272599
Oracle connection profile type does not support service name
Last modified: 2015-12-07 12:24:12 EST
Created attachment 1083809 [details]
Connection Profile Wizard screen shot
Description of problem:
When you create a new connection profile with an Oracle driver in my case 11 the connection url format is jdbc:oracle:thin:@server:1521:db
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new Teiid Model Project
3. JDBC database >> Source Model
4. Click button New at the Connection Profile Dropdown box
5. Select Oracle as Connection Profile Type
6. Click button Add new driver at the Drivers Dropdown box
7. In the properties screen one can only use a SID
Way to be able to use service name in the connection url
Workaround is to use the Generic JDBC driver but people might make mistakes since the default translator will be Generic jdbc instead of Oracle.
See also https://issues.jboss.org/browse/TEIIDDES-2232
The Oracle Connection profile wizard is an Eclipse plugin. Designer has no control over how that URL is constructed.
Can we get this BZ moved over to where ever handles the connection profiles?
Now using only JIRA... closing.