Description of problem:
When trying to create a role filter that allows a user to promote a content view, the current permission 'promote_or_remove_content_views' does that does not grant user access to the 'promote' button in the ui.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a role with a filter with the resource "Content Views" and a permission "promote_or_remove_content_views" and "publish_content_views".
2. Add another filter with resource "lifecycle_environments" and permission "promote_or_remove_content_views_to_environments"
3. Login as a user with this role and try to promote a content view
There is no button on the content view version list allowing promotion
User should be able to promote a content view.
The scenario appears to partially work on the upstream today:
Assuming that the user has the role/permissions mentioned in the initial description as well as the following:
- Filter resource: Content Views
- Permissions: view_content_views
- Filter resource: Lifecycle Environments
- Permissions: view_lifecycle_environments
The user is able to access the 'Promote' button from Content -> Content Views -> [view] -> Versions. They can then select an environment and initiate the promotion.
One issue that does remain is that the progress of the promotion is not accessible to the user as foreman_tasks/api/tasks/bulk_search is not allowed.
The issue noted in comment #2 related to bulk search can be addressed by adding the following additional filter/permission:
- Filter resource: Foreman tasks/task
- Permission: view_foreman_tasks
This bug is currently aligned to Satellite 6.2. Based on comments #2 and #3, the behavior appears to be working on the upstream; therefore, going to move this bug to POST for verification once the downstream branches are rebased.
Note: When running the same test against Satellite 6.1.5 an error is observed in the UI attempting the promotion. The error there should look like:
Validation failed: Organization ids Invalid organizations selection, you must select at least one of yours
@Sat 6.2 Snap 9.3
The promote button is visible and also I am able to promote the CV version for the user with role having permissions promote_or_remove_content_views, publish_content_views and promote_or_remove_content_views_to_environments.
So moving this to verified.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.