Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1273660
[RFE] Monitoring Guest CPU steal from the Hypervisor
Last modified: 2016-12-08 05:00:20 EST
======= RFE Request ========
1. Proposed title of this feature request
> Monitoring Guest CPU steal from the Hypervisor
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
> Customer wants to have the CPU steal for a vm reported on the on the RHEV-M portal as they want to monitor the CPU-steal within the guest VMs from the hypervisor.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
> We have a several fairly heavily loaded RHEV clusters. While we collect statistics at the VM level for some of the environments, we don't collect statistics for our "self-service" dev clusters.
We would like to be able to monitor for CPU-steal within the guest VMs from the hypervisor.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
> RHEV-M should report %steal for a vm on the RHEV-M portal. It would be very useful to be able to see the CPU steal from within RHEV-M (either just the APIs or the Web GUI too)
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla ?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?