Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1274685
AssetMgmt: New Repository dialog validation broken when Managed Repository is checked
Last modified: 2015-11-18 09:31:59 EST
Description of problem:
* "Finish" button is activated after each change in the form (changing repo name, selecting org. unit) even if the new state is not ready for submitting and so the Finish button is disabled in the next moment. This results in a "blinking" effect, which is distracting and not expected.
* "Next" button is always enabled even if repository name is not valid or no org. unit is selected.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
With ***asset management enabled*** only (you have to log in with kiemgmt role (+ additional role like admin).
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to Administration perspective, select Repositories -> New repository.
2. Check Managed Repository checkbox.
3. Select any org. unit.
4. Type some text into Repository Name field.
5. Select a different org unit.
* In step 2, Next button is enabled.
* In steps 4 and 5, Finish button will become enabled for a short period of time.
* Next button should only be enabled if the provided repository name is valid and existing org. unit is selected.
* Finish button should not be enabled in the first step of the wizard when Managed Repository is checked. In the next step of the wizard, it should only be enabled after a change event that results in a state that is ready for submitting.
The following commits fixes the issue.
Works perfectly now. Great job, Walter!
Thanks, it's nice to see the BZ list decrease.