Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1274903
[abrt] evolution-data-server: gdata_service_update_entry(): evolution-calendar-factory-subprocess killed by SIGABRT
Last modified: 2015-10-27 03:46:06 EDT
Description of problem:
I am unsure of how this crash happened - I do not use the Evolution mail or calendar client on this device.
Version-Release number of selected component:
cmdline: /usr/libexec/evolution-calendar-factory-subprocess --factory gtasks --bus-name org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.Subprocess.Backend.Calendarx29618x5 --own-path /org/gnome/evolution/dataserver/Subprocess/Backend/Calendar/29618/5
runlevel: N 5
Thread no. 1 (6 frames)
#4 gdata_service_update_entry at gdata/gdata-service.c:1661
#5 gdata_tasks_service_update_task at gdata/services/tasks/gdata-tasks-service.c:781
#6 ecb_gtasks_modify_objects at e-cal-backend-gtasks.c:1106
#7 cal_backend_modify_objects_thread at e-cal-backend.c:2730
#8 cal_backend_dispatch_thread at e-cal-backend.c:241
#10 g_thread_proxy at gthread.c:778
Potential duplicate: bug 1246707
Created attachment 1085895 [details]
Created attachment 1085896 [details]
Created attachment 1085897 [details]
Created attachment 1085898 [details]
Created attachment 1085899 [details]
Created attachment 1085900 [details]
Created attachment 1085901 [details]
Created attachment 1085902 [details]
Created attachment 1085903 [details]
Created attachment 1085905 [details]
Thanks for a bug report. If I read the backtrace properly, then you've configured a GMail account in GNOME Online Accounts and what happened here is that you modified one task from the Google Tasks in some application different from the evolution. It doesn't matter much which client you used for this, the crash happened in the backend associated with the Google Tasks task list.
The crash happened due to an assertion in the libgdata library, file gdata/gdata-service.c:1661, function gdata_service_update_entry:
assertion failed: (_link != NULL)
Why exactly this happened, or what data caused the crash, I do not see from the backtrace.
Do you recall what you modified in the Google Tasks task list, please?
(In reply to Milan Crha from comment #11)
> Thanks for a bug report. If I read the backtrace properly, then you've
> configured a GMail account in GNOME Online Accounts and what happened here
> is that you modified one task from the Google Tasks in some application
> different from the evolution. It doesn't matter much which client you used
> for this, the crash happened in the backend associated with the Google Tasks
> task list.
> The crash happened due to an assertion in the libgdata library, file
> gdata/gdata-service.c:1661, function gdata_service_update_entry:
> assertion failed: (_link != NULL)
> Why exactly this happened, or what data caused the crash, I do not see from
> the backtrace.
> Do you recall what you modified in the Google Tasks task list, please?
Actually, that would make sense. I do have the GNOME Tasks app installed with my Google account in the GNOME Online Accounts. If I recall correctly, I was doing very basic things, like adding tasks, removing tasks, changing due dates, etc. Every time I added or edited a task, the program gave me a nondescript error of "Error: Edit failed" or something along those lines, I can't remember verbatim.
I'm going to assume that those errors must have been related to this. However, it should be noted that the Tasks application itself did not crash on me - only adding and editing tasks seemed to cause the issue.
Oh, and as far as I know, the changes I made did actually save to Google.
Thanks for the update. I am able to reproduce it too, using gnome-todo package. I cannot reproduce it using Evolution. I'm moving this upstream , for better visibility. Please see  for any further updates.