From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040510
Description of problem:
Disk druid displays logical volume sizes as one tenth of their actual
size. E.g., a LV with 8192MiB (2048 extends x 4MiB/extend) is
displayed as 819.2 MiB. Used space reflects this 1/10 ratio, but the
total space is correct, so the free space ends up much larger than
real. I wonder what happens if I actually ask it to create a huge LV
taking up all of the space it claims to be free.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Boot the installer on a box with LVM1 volumes
2.Proceed to disk druid
Actual Results: Pre-existing partitions are shown as taking up 1/10
of their actual size.
Expected Results: Size should be correct.
Just noticed that the number displayed as the size of the volume group
is given in KiB, even though it column says Size (MB). It's
nonsensical like this:
LVM Volume Groups
all ... 119201792
tettnang ext 819.2
correct would have ben
all ... 116408
tettnang ext 8192
Total space is displayed in the correct units in the Edit LVM Volume
Group window, but LV size is still off by a factor of 10. Ditto in
the Edit Logical Volume window.
Can you attach the /tmp/anaconda.log?
Here are the relevant bits. Let me know if you'd like the entire log,
or if I missed something you wanted to see.
* moving (1) to step partitionobjinit
* pv is /dev/hda1 in vg all, size is 61031317504
* pv is /dev/hde1 in vg all, size is 61031317504
* vg all, size is 122062635008
* lv is all/fc3test, size of 858993459
* lv is all/l, size of 6158915993
* lv is all/mm, size of 3221225472
* lv is all/swap, size of 91435827
* lv is all/tettnang, size of 858993459
* moving (1) to step autopartitionexecute
* In growLogicalVolumes, considering VG VG Request -- name: all
format: 0 pesize: 32768
physvols: [3, 6]
* No growable logical volumes defined.
* Used size vs. available for vg all: 10670 119201792.0
Fixed in CVS
*** Bug 128556 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Confirmed, at least in text mode. I couldn't get to a graphical
install with the latest test tree. Thanks!