Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1276278
Keyboard indicatior displaying us keyboard even after selecting other layout
Last modified: 2015-11-05 09:45:14 EST
Description of problem:
When installing using KDE Live RC6, keyboard indicator is displaying US keyboard even after selecting Finnish keyboard. Anaconda is using Finnish layout. Only the indicator is wrong.
Start install without setting keyboard in Live image. In installation select keyboard layout other than English. Return to hub from keyboard spoke
Keyboard is indicator is displaying US instead of correct layout.
Keyboard indicator displays selected (and currently in use) layout.
I did not observe this bug when installing with language set to English and keyboard selected to Finnish.
I did not observe this bug when installing from Workstation netinstall.iso
Please attach the logs from /tmp to this bug as individual, text/plain attachments. Also, what were the exact steps you took to change the keyboard layout? What language did you select on the welcome screen, and what actions did you take afterwards?
Sadly I didn't save logs from this install, expecting to see it again. I haven't been able to reproduce this bug again in multible attempts.
- I simply started install from RC6 KDE Live image.
- I clicked continue when installer offered Finnish as succested language.
On hub screen I observed that keyboard indicator was showing us and not fi as
- I clicked on keyboard layouts spoke.
- I clicked + symbol, selected Finnish (Finnish (Machintosh)) layout and accepted selection.
- I selected us keyboard layout in the list of selected layouts and clicked - symbol to remove it.
- I clicked Done button and returned to hub screen, where keyboard indicator was still showing us.
- I proceeded to complete installation with minimal choices from there on. User creation and diskencryption passphrases confirmed that keyboard in use was in fact what I had selected.
I'm not able to reproduce this either. Please reopen the bug if it occurs again.