Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1277683
Split the product-specific plugin (ovirt) from the core (lago)
Last modified: 2016-06-26 19:51:20 EDT
Description of problem:
Right now we have the plugin in the same repo than the core, the issue is that the plugin is highly dependent on the ovirt-sdk and ovirt-setup versions, I think it should be moved inside the same repos those reside (maybe split in two if they don't reside in the same repo) and build and distributed alongside it. That will allow to pair the development of both, and have them changed together in the same patches if needed.
If they reside out of the product repos, any change in the product that requires a change in the plugin will create a situation where:
* if you change the tests before merging the patch:
- you will break all the other patches tests until you merge
- once merged all the other patches will have to rebase on top of you patch to pass the tests
* if you merge the patch before changing the tests
- all the patches rebased on it will fail until the tests are changed
- once the tests are changed, all the patches will fail unless rebased
while moving the plugins code to the same repo allows you to just change the tests in the same patch and contain the changes there, so no other patches break, and no need to rebase before or after you patch is merged
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Worth mentioning that just spliting the plugin from the core repo, does not add any advantage, the key is moving it to the same repo as the product it was meant for.
I don't think this is never going to happen...