Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1279115
Empathy will not connect to google accounts after resuming from suspend; requires new session
Last modified: 2016-07-23 21:59:27 EDT
Description of problem:
After resuming from suspend, and the network reconnects, empathy will fail to reconnect to Google accounts. Requires logging out and back it to connect again.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Almost every time
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Empathy connected to Google IM accounts (from gnome-online-accounts, so OAuth).
2. Suspend laptop, resume after some time.
3. Network connects but empathy doesn't: both accounts show "authentication error".
4. Attempting to reconnect them from the empathy contact list window by clicking on the "Reconnect" button leads to the same message.
5. Logging out and then back in fixes the problem.
Regression: Need logout/login to get empathy to work again
Return to previous behavior where empathy successfully reconnected upon resume.
Haven't seen this in a while, both before and after upgrading to F24.