Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1282393
Wrong options name ETCD_SNAPSHOT_COUNTER in /etc/etcd/etcd.conf
Last modified: 2016-02-16 11:40:15 EST
Description of problem:
The option "ETCD_SNAPSHOT_COUNTER" should be "ETCD_SNAPSHOT_COUNT".
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Copy the line of ETCD_SNAPSHOT_COUNTER and remove the '#'
2. Set the value to 10 and restart etcd service
3. Check /var/lib/etcd/default.etcd/member/snap/ directory for the file name
4. Two nearby files name should fit b minus a is 10(as set in step 2).
5. After change it to ETCD_SNAPSHOT_COUNT it can work as expect.
The snap files is not generated every 10 times.
The snap files is separated every 10 times.
Checked with following steps and seems it is fixed in etcd-2.2.2-5.el7
1. check the etcd.conf file
# cat /etc/etcd/etcd.conf |grep COUNT
2. test with the reproduce steps and it works as expect.
1) set ETCD_SNAPSHOT_COUNTER to 10 in etcd.conf
2) restart etcd service
3) check etcd service status with -l
Jan 11 16:24:03 dhcp-73-2-65.eng.pek2.redhat.com etcd: start to snapshot (applied: 1215132, lastsnap: 1215121)
Jan 11 16:24:03 dhcp-73-2-65.eng.pek2.redhat.com etcd: saved snapshot at index 1215132
Jan 11 16:24:09 dhcp-73-2-65.eng.pek2.redhat.com etcd: start to snapshot (applied: 1215143, lastsnap: 1215132)
Jan 11 16:24:09 dhcp-73-2-65.eng.pek2.redhat.com etcd: saved snapshot at index 1215143
So update this one to VERIFIED
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.