Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 128341
redrawwing problem in xterm
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:46 EST
-run mc from a real xterm on fedora core 3 test1 (english, UTF8 char
-left pane active
-place some window partially over the xterm
-raise xterm, this causes mc to redraw
-the line after the "cursor/selection" on the right pane
-pressing ctrl-l fixes things up.
I've also reported this upstream:
I've seen this and it's been reported to me (a few months ago).
(It was on a list of things I checked on this weekend, but was
not cooperative enough to be reproducible).
Well its 100% reproducable over here,
xterm, LANG=en_US.UTF-8, TERM=xterm-new, ncurses-5.4 (without any
patches to the xterm-new entry), mc-4.6.0
Just follow the steps described above.
I did that (several times last weekend, but perhaps it was
obscured by a fix I made for handling NotifyGrab events).
When I revisit xterm tomorrow, I'll continue looking for this.
I have a fix for this, will make a patch today or tomorrow.
fix is committed in xterm patch #194.
I can confirm xterm-194 fixes this!
I'll attach a specfile for 194 (shocking change) and the patch for bug
128138. Note this exactly the same patch as in bug 128138, but now
I've made it against the xterm srcs instead of the installed
appdefault file, so that it can be used during the rpm build.
Created attachment 102242 [details]
specfile upped to version 194 and patch for bug 128138 added
Created attachment 102243 [details]
patch fixing bug 128138
I had reported this upstream as an mc bug, I'll close it there.
Changing component and assignee to xterm
For #128138, you don't have to patch the app-defaults file.
You can add this to the build line in the spec-file:
(modifying the app-defaults file always has the problem that it
interferes with user settings, while changing the compiled-in
default satisfies most people).
The comment in the spec-file regarding readonly files
(properly should have been forwarded as an upstream request
for a change in deliver process), is obsolete and the
corresponding text deleted.
This issue should be fixed now in xterm-200 which is present in
Setting status to "RAWHIDE"
(P.S. Thomas, I've replaced the comment in the spec file as well
in 200-2 build.)