Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1285013
Search filters are inconsistent
Last modified: 2018-02-21 11:49:54 EST
Description of problem:
When using the web gui to manage either Host Groups or Puppet Classes
(and possibly other search filters)
filters are not always maintained when leaving a selection
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
100% for customer
Steps to Reproduce: (this example is for puppet classes)
1. Enter a filter to narrow down your select, and select a class to change.
2. Move to Smart Class Parameters.
3. Over ride a value, and select submit.
4. When you return to the list of classes, the filter is maintained
5. If you do not commit your change, by hitting cancel rather than
submit, the filter is removed when returning to the class list
Filter is removed when updating an item is cancelled
Filter should be maintained whether cancelling or submitting
a change to an item from the filter list.
Created redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/12649 from this bug
Per 6.3 planning, moving out non acked bugs to the backlog
Upstream bug assigned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Upstream bug assigned to email@example.com
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/12649 has been resolved.
Version Tested: Satellite-6.3 Snap 9
Verification steps I used:
1. Go to Configure -> Classes
2. Search "name=motd"
3. Edit class and check override for a smart class parameter
4. Submit and check the search filter is still there
5. Edit again, click Cancel and check the filter is still there
This behavior seems inconsistent throughout the UI.
Either filters should be saved on all pages when cancelling a detailed page action, or returning to the menu or not saved.
I would err on the side of saving and allowing the user to clear the filter field if they want it removed.
Thanks for pulling me in Ori!
I added: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1477602 for host and hostgroup.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.