Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1285393
RHEV Hypervisor Custom naming scheme gets changed during installation to MAC address naming scheme
Last modified: 2016-08-12 16:57:56 EDT
Description of problem:
During a deployment of RHEVM, I choose a Custom naming scheme for my Hypervisor hosts. For testing purposes, I input some invalid characters. I could see the invalid hostnames on the Installation Review screen at the start of the installation process, but after some time and a refresh of the page, my hostnames disappeared and were replaced by the MAC naming scheme. I can see the MAC naming scheme hostnames now on Installation Review page and also in step 2C Hypervisors, where the hosts have MAC naming scheme in spite of the Custom naming scheme being selected, but grayed out.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start a deployment of RHEVM, in step 2C Hypervisors choose Custom naming scheme
2. (optional?) Input some invalid characters
3. Proceed with the deployment, start the installation
4. Wait a while after the content sync for the installation of RHEVM to begin
5. Refresh the Installation Review page
6. The Custom naming scheme hostnames changed to MAC naming scheme hostnames
Naming scheme for the Hypervisor hostnames changed during the deployment
Deployment completes with chosen naming scheme, no unannounced changes of the hostnames happen
My deploymend did not complete, it froze at 96.9%.
See also: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1285375
Oops comment#2 applies for bz1285375, not this bz. Moving back to assigned.
This bug can no longer be reproduced since the UI no longer allows invalid characters to be entered for step 2C. Entering a proper alphanumeric hostname, we do not see it change during or after the deployment.
Closing as not a bug.