Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1285633
'Filter systems by name' and 'Select All' systems and Adding them to SSM is not working correctly on satellite 5.7
Last modified: 2017-06-08 10:40:25 EDT
Description of problem:
1. If we filter the 'systems by name' then the systems are selected but the 'Add Systems to SSM' results in 0 system selection.
2. Systems Tab -> Filtered with name(keyword) 'abc' on the top of page can see : 1 - 25 of 62
Selected all systems by clicking on checkbox which should select all filtered systems but selects only systems on the current page
Clicked on 'Add selected systems to SSM'. But the top of page shows 22 systems selected (i.e. the number of systems on single page on which we can perform actions)
3. Clicking on 'Select All' at the bottom of the list selects all systems.
Besides Manage tab can see selected systems for scheduling action.
However clicking on 'Add systems to SSM' button does nothing.
Seems page just gets refreshed. Can this be modified to become more user friendly and
provide instruction like : To select all systems click on Select all , current selection selects only systems on current page.
Add to SSM should direct to same page as we get directed to link on clicking 'Manage' tab or should ask whether we wish to create a new system group.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. 'Add to SSM' button under Systems tab is not user friendly and does nothing.
2. User should get diff. notified of Select All and select only top checkbox for systems.
Is this a duplicate of Bug 962407?
The bug 962407 covers one part of reported issue.
We are looking for better behavior in 'Add systems to SSM' button as well.
We have re-reviewed this bug, as part of an ongoing effort to improve Satellite/Proxy feature and bug updates, review and backlog.
This is a low priority bug. While this bug is still valid, we do not see it being implemented prior to the EOL of the Satellite 5.x product. As such, this is being CLOSED DEFERRED.
Closing now to help set customer expectations as early as possible. You are welcome to re-open this bug if needed.