Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1285747
setuid bit testcase failing with tiering volume with nfs-ganesha
Last modified: 2016-09-17 11:39:01 EDT
Description of problem:
setuid bit testcase failing with tireing volume with nfs-ganesha
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a tired volume
2. Mount it using nfs-ganesha vers=3
3. Create a file and change its permission to 600
4. Now edit the config file of the volume and set Root squash and run-refresh config
5. On the client - chmod u+s /bin/echo /bin/cat
6. write/read the file using /bin/echo and /bin/cat , it should fail but unexpectedly it allows.
The testcase passes for a non-tiered volume, read/write is not allowed for that file
the config file referred here is the ganesha config file, which is available in each volume under /etc/ganesha/exports/export.<vname>.conf
Not able to reproduce it again, ran my scripts couple of times. The setup was actually in a wiered state, looks like it was a configuration issue.